Monday, August 20, 2012

Travel Beauty Essentials

 When I travel, I like to try and keep things simple. Everyone is a different kind of traveler and I consider myself to be a laid-back one (but I imagine the definition varies widely). I usually pack my base skin care products, the minimal amount of makeup, and maybe some sort of hair styling tool depending on whether or not I plan on going out (I’m a grandma, hehe).

For those of you traveling for the first time (I've only started traveling recently), here’s my basic list which you can add to as you please:


Skin Care
Face wash (small jar works well since a little goes a long way with my face wash)
Face lotion (no spf so I can use this both day and night)
Face treatments (examples: retinoid, topical antibacterial, benzoyl peroxide, bha)
Sunscreen


Makeup
Pencil eyeliner
Compact eyeshadow palette with variations of brown
Sparkly black eyeshadow
Eyelash curler
Voluminous mascara for some umph!
Lip balm
Lip color
Concealer
Eyeshadow brushes (not shown)


Other Amenities
Small container of hand cream (I can’t count how many times I’ve gone into a drugstore to buy a small bottle because my hands were so dry. Just pack some!)
Cotton swabs (clean off excess makeup, clean ears)
Cotton squares
Eye makeup remover
*Hair curler

I think that’s about it. I don’t bring body lotion as I have yet to come upon a hotel that doesn't provide this. I am lucky that I generally have fairly good skin so I don’t have to pack any foundation or compact powder. I find that since I’m mostly walking, I tend to heat up easily and my face will flush so no need for blush there, hah. I like putting my things into small containers to make more space for clothes, shoes, or souvenirs.

What do you like to pack when you travel? Zero makeup? Alllll of your shoes? I’d love to hear to get some ideas! :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you pack! :) I also try to keep things to a minimum when traveling. I do though like to pack a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin plus concealer for undereye circles and any zits.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated. ♥