Monday, August 13, 2012

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid Review


If you know me, you’ll know that I adore milky sunscreens. And since I use sunscreen religiously, there’s no such thing as ever having one too many bottles! I’ve been eyeing La Roche-Posay’s line of ultra light sunscreens for quite some time now and when I had the chance to swap for a brand new one on MakeupAlley, I jumped on it!



Cost:
1.7 fl oz for $30



Pros:
-       Design of bottle makes it space efficient. Easy to throw into purse/gym bag and go!
-       Screw on top gives me a sense of relief that the top can’t just pop open and spill everywhere
-       SPF 60 protection
-       Absorbs quickly and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin
-       Fragrance free!
-       Water resistant
-       Recommended for all skin types

Cons:
-       La Roche-Posay claims that this sunscreen will leave your skin looking matte. I found that it didn’t leave me shiny but it also didn’t leave me as matte as Clarin’s UV Plus HP Day Screen does.

Conclusion:
Would I repurchase this? Perhaps. The price is highly competitive with the two other milky sunscreens I own (Clarin’s UV Plus and Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion) but I like how the other two look on my skin more after application. Still, if the pro’s do outweigh the con’s and a little shine can definitely be taken care of with a quick sweep of powder or use of a blotting sheet.  :)

Dispensed onto hand 


Nice finish

.
.
.
.
.
.

On a different note, I attended Mitsuwa's food fair the other weekend and had some of the tastiest fried fish cake and ramen everrrr!

Mmm! Vegetable fried fish cake and anchovy fried fish cake. I wasn't expecting the anchovy one to be tasty (purchased on accident) but oh my gosh it was delicious~

Look at that huge pot of broth in the back (pot on left). It was huuuuge!

Yum! The broth was EXTREMELY fatty and rich but I don't know if I've ever had ramen so fresh and tasty. The freshly minced garlic (almost like a paste) on the upper right was SO fresh it burned my tongue! So spicy. On the left, there was some spicy preserved vegetables(?). What a kick! Haha.

I thought the printed seaweed was so neat! I showed a friend this picture afterward and he thought it was photoshopped haha.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Omg that seaweed is SO cool!! I'm loving that big dollop of garlic...hee hee. XD

    The hubs is using that sunblock right now. I unfortunately can't b/c it's given me the itchies before. You two are so lucky! ;) I still need to try that Clarins UV Plus you love so much.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated. ♥