Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Innisfree Wine Jelly Sleeping Pack Review




Description: Enriched with wine extracts from France, wine creates a clear and smooth jelly-like skin by gently lifting away dead skin cells and providing hydrating moisture. This hydrating wine jelly sleeping pack creates a clear and resilient jelly-like skin with its shape-memory barrier.


Went on a Sasa haul recently. It's been quite a while since I've shopped there. I saw that they had an eyeliner and eyeshadow I've been interested in trying out so, of course, I filled up my cart to get free shipping and placed an order. Hehe. A few of my friends had upcoming birthdays so I ended up buying them a few things from there too. Anyway, this Innisfree Wine Jelly Sleeping Pack was one of the extras I popped into my cart. Wasn't expecting much since I've tried a sleeping pack before (Laneige's Water Sleeping Pack) but um, LOVE much?? :)

Prior to this, I've only tried their Wine Peeling Softener and a lip tint from their cosmetics line, both of which I've quite liked and this Sleeping Pack is no different. It smells exactly like the Wine Peeling Softener: sweet red wine. It's absolutely amazing, I can't get enough of it! 


The texture is something I'm still trying to figure out. A lot of places online depict it as a purple jelly. On two other sites I've found, the texture is like a jelly pudding(?) texture, which is how my tub feels like too. Strange. Confusion aside, the "jelly" is very spreadable and applies easily. What I like about the application of this sleeping pack compared to the one other I've tried (Laneige's Water Sleeping Pack) is that the directions state to use this as the LAST part of your nightly skin care routine. For me, that would be: Cleanser > Treatments > Moisturizer > Sleeping Pack. Thus, I treat the sleeping pack as sort of a sealant for my nightly skin routine. It works well with my skin (will go into detail below) and I'm definitely going to be using this nightly now.

Cost: $17.30 USD

Pros:
+ Smells AWESOME! Exactly like red wine.
+ Jelly pudding texture applies easily. Leaves no sticky residue on skin.
+ When I wake up, I don't have oily skin. It looks just right: hydrated and moisturized. :)
+ Does not irritate my sensitive skin! Love it~ I wake up with calm, great looking skin, not red like it sometimes is. 

Cons:
- May not work for those with dry skin. I used this in the last part of my skin care routine and I could still see a bit of flakiness on my chin (from retinoid use) in the morning. The rest of my skin looked GREAT though! 

Conclusion:
All in all, I'd completely recommend Innisfree's Wine Jelly Sleeping Pack! I myself loveeee the scent. It's absolutely divine~ It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which I appreciate and gives me calm, great looking skin when I wake up. It's a tad pricey, in my opinion, for $17.30 but totally worth it. I love Innisfree's line of wine based skin care. I can't wait until I can try out some of their other products! 

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading about this brand from time to time but have yet to to try it. Gotta love Sasa for that! This sounds like a great product. The scent and jelly texture sound really fun to use! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. which one better? laneige or innisfree?
    thanks anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dita,

    I think it depends on how one's own skin reacts to either Laneige or Innisfree. I prefer Innisfree because my skin does better with it than when I'm using Laneige but a lot of my friends really like Laneige!

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated. ♥