Monday, April 11, 2011

Palladio Tinted Lip Balm Review

I purchased these Palladio Tinted Lip Balms a while back because I was looking for something that would provide me a decent amount of color without the smell and thick texture of a normal lipstick. These Palladio Tinted Lip Balms have aweeeesome reviews on MUA and across the beauty blogosphere so I thought I'd give them a try since they're only a few bucks and I have easy access to Sally Beauty stores.


Description from SallyBeauty.com: Palladio Tinted Lip Balm is enriched with UV filters to protect the lips, this unique lip balm formula moisturizes while adding sheer, long-lasting color. Wear these lip balms by themselves, or under your favorite Palladio Herbal Lipstick as a hydrating base!

Currently available in eight colors: Cotton Candy, Bronze Pink, Berry, Golden Pink, Champagne, Rosey, Brownie, and Naturally Bronze.

The two colors I purchased were Berry and Rosey.
Natural light. Berry on left. Rosey on right.

With flash. Berry on left. Rosey on right.

Palladio Tinted Lip Balms retail for $3.99 but I got them during one of Sally Beauty's promotions so I purchased each tube for around $2 (I think).

Berry. This isn't the best picture. It's definitely a lot more baby pink than this.

Rosey.

My Thoughts:
- These lip balms feel moisturizing but the moisture doesn't actually sink into your lips. So don't expect a magical fix if you're applying these to chapped lips. You'll just see flecks of color on your dry skin. Moisturize first THEN apply this and you'll get some nice results. :)
- Color intensity is buildable which is great since color needs can differ from person to person. Sometimes I just want a wash of sheer color while other days, I just need a little more pop of color! These lip balms are super pigmented so beware of over doing it on the number of applications.
- Not heavy or sticky!
- Names of balms are definitely misleading. The Berry shade is more of a baby pink, imo. And Berry sounds like it'd be a dark shade too.
- Unfortunately, I can't vouch for the staying power since I'm a guilty constant snacker so I'm always wiping the color off... The color does transfer to my cups/mugs whenever I'm drinking something though.

Palladio Tinted Lip Balm swatched on lips. Veryyy light application.

Verdict?
I might repurchase. I'd like to try some other colors in their range since I'm not terribly in love with these two (Honestly, I miss and want to go back to Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm....). If I apply too much of Berry on my lips, the color sinks into my lip lines and doesn't look very good. Light swipes of Rosey look fine on my lips but I'm not terribly in love with the color since it's still a tad too dramatic for me (my pictures don't do justice). I'd like to try their Golden Pink next when possible but from what I've read, there's plenty of shimmer in it and frost doesn't look good on me.

1 comment:

  1. Rosey is super pretty on you, they are good everyday... when you don't feel like lip gloss or lipstick and you just want a bit of colour!

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated. ♥