Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MAC Cleanse Off Oil Review



I love, love, love MAC's Cleanse Off Oil!!! How have I gone so long without you?

Description from Maccosmetics.com:
An industry-strength oil-based makeup remover that's gentle on the skin. Botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 percent mineral-oil free. Massages onto the skin to loosen all makeup, including waterproof mascara. Emulsifies into a lotion-type liquid with water: rinses off easily, no tissues required - and no residue! Protects with vitamin E. Skin softening and conditioning. Good for all skin types.

Size: 150 ml / 5 fl oz
Cost: $24.00


Pros:
+ Easy to use. Spreads really easily. My directions: Two pumps, massage into dry skin for 30 seconds, rinse off with warm water (cleansing oil emulsifies to a milky color).
+ Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin! Fabulousss. Skin is so soft after using this. No dryness, no tingling or burning sensation.
+ I only use this on my face (not eyes) and it does a great job of taking off any light foundation or waterproof sunscreen I'm wearing. Note, I do follow up with my normal cleanser afterward.
+ Smells amazing like oranges or something citrusy.
+ Whenever I'm massaging it into my skin, it feels like I'm pampering myself. For some reason, this cleansing oil feels different than other ones I've used, kind of like some amazing massage oil. Seriously love it.
+ Rinses off well. No leftover oily residue on skin.
+ Well designed bottle. The pump locks to a closed position.

Cons:
- Nada!

Cleanse Off Oil on skin. Love you Mac Frigging Cleanse Off Oil.

Verdict?
HIGHLY recommend this stuff! Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, does a great job of cleansing off your makeup, feels good, smells great, what more can you ask for?

*NOTE* 
I only use this on my skin. I do not use it on my eyes. For my eyes, I use a separate eye makeup remover. Please see these two:
Sonia Kashuk Remove
Mandom Cleansing Express Eye Makeup Remover

3 comments:

  1. i'm looking for a new cleansing oil~
    so your review comes in just in nick of time!

    so this MAC cleansing oil can take off majorlica scara?

    i really hate stubborn scara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stellarvixen,

    Ah thank you for bringing that up. I should probably mention in my review that I only use it for my skin and not for removing eye makeup. I use a separate makeup remover for my eyes since the Japanese mascaras are so darn tricky to remove! Sorry for the confusion, if any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great product! I am an avid cleansing oil user too - I'm loving Aqualabel cleansing oil cream right now!

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated. ♥