My basic makeup routine consists of concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, and lip balm/gloss. Sometimes I'll throw on some Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and blush if I really feel like it. A few days ago though, I thought I'd give foundation a try since I'd like to try and even out my skin tone a bit. Sometimes I feel like my forehead, chin, and nose are darker than my cheeks. My cheeks are definitely lighter.
I decided to start with some of the most popular drugstore foundations/tinted moisturizers. Here's my first review: Wet 'n' Wild's Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in 181A Beige and 182 Natural.
Description from product website: This light, hydrating formula is ideal for all skin types. Provides a natural finish and a healthy, glowing complexion with just a hint of color. Contains SPF 15 for the ultimate in anti-aging treatment.
Available in four colors: 181A Beige, 182 Natural, 183 Sun-Kissed, and 184A Buff.
Cost: $3.99 at Walgreens, drugstore.com
Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in 151A Beige.
Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in 182 Natural.
- Leaves my skin looking very radiant in pictures.
- Not greasy.
- SPF 15
- Thicker than I expected for a sheer foundation. Doesn’t feel very moisturizing. It might apply better if you use moisturizer first or mix it with some moisturizer.
- Applies grayish at first. Seems better suitable for those with pink undertones.
- Poor shade selection. Doesn’t match my skin tone well.
- A little cakey on my forehead. Perhaps because my skin there is more prone to breakouts and isn’t as clear.
I'm not sure if it is apparent enough in these pictures but the shades don't match my skin tone very well. My face is normally lighter than the rest of my body (neck and especially arms) but not this light. Maybe I'll give Sun-Kissed a try next time but just the name itself is deterring since I wouldn't consider myself tanned.